Cherokee Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Cherokee, AL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Cherokee Law

i was found guilty of a dui charge from 9yrs ago. i thought my lawyer had taken care of my case.
You can't be found guilty without going to court. Go to court and see what is in your court file.
Got arrested for a DUI first time) because I lost consciousness and hit a pole . The cop put me into cuffs and took me straight to jail I told him I didn't feel right EMTS came blood sugar was 59 history of diabetes in family I tested positive for my prescriptions so how is it a DUI
You're entitled to your medical records from the ER. If you are charged with a DUI consult with an attorney in your...
Will I be able to drive in AL after 90 day suspension? Why did AL suspension not start on conviction date? When is the soonest or best possible way to get my drivers? Thanks in advance. Matt Miller
DUI laws and suspension times are different in different states. Sounds like you were a first time offender. AL...
I had received a DUI and will be trying to get it off my record
If UA means urinalysis, and it was within thirty (30) days you may be O,K. as long as the subsequent drug tests are...
My roommate (who is 18) is planning on throwing a party tonight despite my request for him not to. I am 21 and do not want to be held liable if, God forbid, someone leaves the party after drinking and kills someone while driving. I will not be at home during the party because I do not want to run the risk of getting in trouble. If the cops show up to the party, will I get in trouble for providing alcohol to minors, even if I'm not even there? (I did not buy any of the alcohol for this party, either.) If someone underage drinks and drives, will I be responsible since the party took place at my house?
You should not have a minor roommate. As the homeowner you have liability.
I was arrested for public intoxication, but I have a blank space in my memory of the hours leading up to and about thirty minutes or so after the arrest, and I believe I was drugged. I do not recall drinking enough to get anywhere close to that level of intoxication (4 shots total I drank slowly over 4 hours), and my memory fades a little after accepting juice from a stranger. However, after conversing with a friend I was with and realizing I must have been drugged, it was too late to get tested. I did get tested for drugs other than date rape ones, but the screen was negative. The doctor told me it must have been date rape drugs, but those leave your body in 12 hours, and I was held in jail for 16 hours, thus being unable to get tested.
You can present your case to the judge like you lay it out here. You would probably need a doctor to testify that they...
i was 18 and am now 21 paid my fees and everything
Youthful offender is a special status that not only limits the length of punishment and length of probation but greatly...