Chautauqua Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Chautauqua, NY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Chautauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chautauqua Law

I had a DWAI 10 year ago in NYS (not a misdemeanor or felony). I officially got my license back in October 2004. I want to know when I can enter Canada again and what, if any, paperwork I need to copmlete or bring with me to assure entry into the country.
Best option: speak with a Canadian lawyer who understands Canadian law. Since this is a US site for US lawyers,...
Conviction of DUI on 1/9/14. License suspended for 90 days. Attend Drinking Driving Program and obtain conditional license. As of this date, 2/10/14, Court has yet to process the conviction with the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, therefore DMV can't give conditional license because the conviction has yet to reach their system.
This is not a basis to void a conviction in Town Court.
My sentence is 5 years. I have a child and need to be able to get him to my sisters and back so that I can work. I was told if I have no violations I can get off in 2 1/2 years. I won't make it that long. I've passed all drug test.
Unfortunately many of these questions depend on the situation and your complete background. Without that info an...
NYS. My 20 Year Old Son, got stop and charged with a DWI- BAC 0.11. Speeding 69 in 55. What charges & penalties will there be? Also, not dimming his bright lights/fog lights. Also, he is covered under our family insurance. How much will this effect our insurance premiums and/or will the insurance company drop us. No previous convictions with my son. He went to court last night, and it got adjourned, so he can obtain a public defender.
The attorney who ends up representing your son will be in a much better position to give you a guess as to how this...
because hes in my household is why i do. hes off probation. why am i being punished. his driving priviages are revolked for a year so i will be the only one blowing into it.
I have heard that other states have these types of interlock requirements, which make absolutely no sense. If he had an...
i am from ny. i moved to ca and surrendered my ny license to get a ca license. a year later i was convicted of dwi in ny. they revoked my ny license, which i didn't have any longer. can i drive in other states with my valid ca license?
Yes--your privilege to drive was revoked in NY. Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq. Immediate Past President, Criminal...
I dont usually ever drink. I got in a car with some people, and they were drinking in the car. Driver was sober. I had 2 sips of the drink, to see how it tasted. I dont usually drink, so I guess my tolerance is really low, and it ended up showing positive on the breath test (though it was really low, either 0.01 or 0.02). We all initially lied at first and said there was no bottles, but the policeman searched and found some. I have a court hearing for a MIP charge in 2 weeks.The catch is that I'm going to the medical school/navy, and I cant afford to have this show up on my record. What should I do in court? Should I admit the truth, or deny even knowing there was alcohol? If they ask me questions in court, should I say that yes there was alcohol in the car, so should I deny knowing that
You don't have to admit to anything. The burden would be on the police officer to establish that you were indeed in...