Cedar Hill Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Cedar Hill, TX or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Cedar Hill Law

Can I get this public intoxication ticket dismissed in court?
I admittedly was drunk when I hitched a ride with my friend to another friend's place where I would reside for the night. We were following behind the aforementioned friend where my driver ran a red light. Shortly after we were pulled over (I in the passenger seat) about 3 blocks from our destination. My friend was asked a series of questions and then arrested for running a red light and "being rude to the officer". I was communicating with the officer and she told me that I may walk to my friend's place but that changed when her lieutenant arrived. I was given a field sobriety test and then arrested. I had given the officer the address of my friend's house a couple of times letting her know the proximity of the destination but it was to no avail. Neither of us were read our rights. Help?
These are common and defendable circumstances. Hire a lawyer to represent you. You will be glad you did. Do not...
If I ditched my car to avoid dui charges, will I ensue other charges if I go pick my vehicle up?
I got my car stuck in a ditch and I had to ditch my car because I had a few drinks before the happening. It was towed to a storage and towing facility.
It is possible that you may face charges of leaving the scene of an accident, if you admit to driving, but that is...
How can I be charged with a Dwi and accused of being arrested without. Knowledge?
On Feb 5... I was in a car accident. I went to the hospital after the wreck and was Released a couple of days later. This month there was a warrant for my arrest for a Dwi. This was issued at the scene also says I was arressted. I was in the hospital??? Also no alcohol was found in my blood or urine. I'm very confused. Can I beat this charge?
You were charged for a DWI the date of the wreck and now there is a warrant. Drugs could of been found in your blood....
I blew apositive breath inmysober link but at thesame time my interlock incar didnot calculate apositive. Both were doneat same.
motion to revoke bond ia set at pretrial. Gettingreports of both breathalyzers to prove falsepositive blow could i beat that
Get the reports and look them over. Let your attorney argue that there should not be a violation if the reports are...
Hit by drunk driver. Did I do something stupid?
Last night, a drunk driver rammed into the back of my car. The impact broke and knocked loose my tail light and put a sizable dent in my bumper. We pulled over to the side of the road. The kid gets out of his truck and immediately asks how we can fix this. After asking for his insurance (which he doesn't have) and his licence (also doesn't have), he begged me not to call the cops, admitting to be he had a few beers and he's underage. I didn't want to get the kid in trouble and tried to work with him. What I decided to do was take down all his information: license plate, number, name, phone, address, etc.. From there I took a video of him saying he was at fault in the incident and he would pay to have my car fixed. We scheduled a meeting for later today to discuss. Is this enough recourse?
Hope your good deed doesn't go for naught and he shows up with some cash
I asked for alr hearing but don't want to go. If I don't go will I be in contempt? Can I still get my occupational license
Can I still ask for occupational license if I don't go to the alr court date. Will I be in trouble with the court if I don't go to alr?
You will not be held in contempt and you can get an occupational license
Can you expunge or obtain an Order of Non-Disclosure for a DUI?
I am a Texas Barred Lawyer and was recently hired to file an Expungement and an Order of Nondisclosure for a client. Since I am relatively new to this world, I wanted to obtain opinions from other lawyers. The client was charged with a DUI about 10 years ago. He has not committed any offenses since his DUI. I understand that he would not qualify for an Expungement, since you cannot expunge a DUI in Texas, but was not sure about the Non-Disclosure. He was given Community Supervision for three years for the DUI. Thoughts on the Non-Disclosure?
Reading through your scenario, it would appear that a) you are not a native Texan, and b) your client was convicted of...