Carson Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Carson, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Carson Law

My last name is all wrong, my DL number is not even on the citation!! What should I do??
Contact the DMV within 10 days of the arrest and hire an attorney. Just because there is a mistake does not mean it...
This was a sheet that was filled out and given after being booked for suspicion of DUI. This pink piece of paper outlines personal belongings at time of booking. It shows a date 7/14/14 8:30 AM at a court for arraign date. At the time of release from an overnight stay at Los Angeles County Jail, a yellow DUI ticket was issued with a court appearance date in October. There is confusion to know if it is still a requirement to go to the date specified on the pink sheet which shows 7/14/14, or if its just mandatory to go to the date specified on the yellow ticket. If anyone can please help and write about what it means for this arraign date? Thank You!
When were you arrested. The October date seems right if you were released. Ask your attorney.
After spending the night in jail, I was released without having to post bail. I am aware of the DMV proceedings. My question pertains to the court proceedings. After about 3 weeks of my arrest, my attorney (also, a close friend with no experience, representing me for free) made the first appearance for me before the court after which she informed me that the judge ordered AA meetings 2 times a week for the DURATION of my case. How often is this seen? Is the Van Nuys court more strict on refusals? Any answers are very much appreciated.
All courts tried to order AA for years but his was found to be unconstitutional because they are religiously based....
I was a victim in a DUI accident involving 3 cars almost 3 years ago. The criminal case judge ordered restitution for me over a year ago out of which only $400 was paid. Subsequently, to protect myself in case of no payment, I was advised to file civil suit as statute of limitation was expiring. The defendant has not paid me saying that as I had filed a civil suit, he does not have to pay me. Now there is a hearing set with the criminal case judge regarding restitution. I have an attorney for the civil case. The defendant's civil case attorney (I guess Insurance) is offering very low settlement despite having unlimited insurance. What options do I have? What should I do and not do? Please advise on the best course of action.
(1) There is no such thing as "unlimited insurance." (2) You stated that you have an attorney. Your best course of...
I got a dui back in 6/2010. On my last day of my DUI classes my counselor told me you dont need to come back ill send everything Never sent nothing i had a warrant for my arrest for failing to complete my classes got arrest judge let me complete everything i did everything was completed in my classes and paid all fines. license got suspended at the time of my dui i was caught driving without a license i got a ticket. Went to the DMV got my license back took proof to the DA he told me if my dui court found out i would go to jail for probation violation thank god it didnt i got an extra 3 yrs of probation for that ticket as of this month im free. I want to enroll in school but when they run my background my criminal part comes out bad "10 yrs los angeles county. Can i expunge this?to enroll?
No. You cannot. No expungement is even possible until 10 years down the line, and it's only been 4.
I just got out of jail and ordered to complete MADD, SCRAM and DUI classes. I did 5 months (half time) for my third DUI. What if I currently dont have all that money for all those programs? Do I put myself back in Calendar? Will the judge lock me up if I tell him I'm not well financially @ the moment ? Thank you
You should contact the attorney that represented you in court, he or she should be able to advise you about what to do....
3 month later after dui was arrest for suspended license no criminal history in the past 10 years
If the offense is over ten years old, a petition for expungement can be filed. It is within the discretion of the...