Calverton Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Calverton, NY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Charge in Theft of Jewelry

    Wednesday Nov 26 | via The East Hampton Star 

    A married couple from Calverton admitted last week, in separate statements to the police, that they had stolen jewelry from the woman's mother, a resident of Springs with whom they had been staying, to feed the man's heroin habit. East Hampton Town detectives, who had been investigating the repeated thefts from a Lotus Avenue house, took Jacqueline Cobb, 30, and Jason A. Cobb, 33, into custody on Nov. 19. Each was charged with grand larceny in the fourth degree, a felony.


    Related Topix: Calverton, NY, Springs, NY, East Hampton, NY, Riverhead, NY

Calverton Law

while on probation was arested for crimanal intent an possesion in the 7th for controled substance qt 6 zanxt they gave me 3yrs to run concurent with5yrs dui charge plus 140hrs community service for possesion i completed 8week ddp program with dmv 8 monthes out paitient rehab phyce eval an domestic violence eval no treatment needed i was not violated for them charges lat week i relapsed my po did home visit he breathalized me he told me he wont violate me if i go back into treatment for alcohol abuse im in a hardship situation my mom has cancer im paying her bills i cant pay another thing i need to drive to make more $ im on ssi disability would they grant me jail time for remainder of probation an how much do you thinck ill get ive bin on probation for 2yrs an 2 monthes how do i do this
Unfortunately, the amount of time you have been on probation doesn't usually mean much on a violation of probation....
I was in an accident, I hit a pole. During the accident I hit my head. I have no recollection of the proceeding events that took place until I came to in the back of a police car I have had neurosurgery in the last 6 months. Mental Illness is prevalent in my family. I have a history of grand mal seizures. I was charged with two DWI's- 1192.303=operation of a MV while Intoxicated and 1192.2-AA 2X=Aggravated DWI:Per se-no prior.
If you are defending yourself, you definitely need to have a competency hearing. If you are represented by an attorney,...
I was driving with Suspended License in the Third Degree(Speeding) was pulled over for blowing a stop sign and blew a .11 and was charged with a DWI. To my understanding the AUO 3rd degree gets down to a 511a which is not a crime, but I was reading somewhere that the DWI Plea to get reduced to a DWAI could be effected with aggravating factors like driving with a suspended license. Will I still get the Plea deal? It's very important that I do not get a criminal record.
Unfortunately, plea bargains are discretionary, not mandatory and not all cases are treated the same. And you read...
I was arrested in July 2011 for my fourth Alcohol-related offense, the third being in 2000. My attorney's advice for the two years following was to delay the case; to let it get "old and crusty". I told him on several occasions that I wanted to settle the matter, but he would attempt to re-assure me with statements such as "Don't worry, you have a conditional license?" and "I know the D.A., I wouldn't be concerned.". Well, two years later, he springs on that there will be a trial in four days. Needless to say, I was shocked and unprepared. During the trial, which he was late to arrive for, he presented no evidence, hired no expert, made me select the jury, and countless other mishaps. I now may never again drive in the US. I need help and someone interested in my situation. Thank you.
You must contact an appeals lawyer ASAp - a notice of appeal must be filed within 30 days of your sentence. I would...
I had a DWAI, that was plead down to a speeding ticket. I am only wondering what will show on a pre-employment background check.
I don't think it will show up on a criminal background check.
21 year stellar kid who made a very stupid decision while intoxicated. Small college town, small PD force who prosecute their own cases, adjudicated by small pool of Judges. Mom isn't bothered by the fines, community service or any punishment they decide. I'm bothered about impact of ruining his future by having this follow him over a dumb mistake. Thanks.
Yes, it is possible. You need an aggressive and experienced criminal attorney to fight for you. Call and explain the...
I had an accident 25 years ago. I passed the sobriety test but was still convicted of DUI. I have not been able to get my license back from Florida. I have tried several times at $1400.00 each time and they just take my money and say no. I am 61 years old ad do not drink alcohol or do any drugs. I am type 1 diabetic and need to have a license because the people I rely on to get my medicine are no longer around. I have been a law abiding upstanding citizen and just want my license. I will move out of Florida just to get my license. I stay in Montauk, NY 8 months out of the year but New York will not give me a license even though they wanted to because Flrida has blocked me.
I dont see why you cant get your license back unless there are some other issues going on here. Maybe get a FL...