11 hrs ago
4 Quarterly Pivot Sell Signals
The Dow Industrials was lower last week while the Nasdaq 100 managed a slight gain and on the NYSE there were more stocks declining last week.
Sat Jul 26, 2014
Technical Market Report for July 26, 2014
There was little in the way of identifiable patterns last week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down a little while the SPX was up a little.
Fri Jul 25, 2014
Wall Street Journal
Stocks Drop; Visa Weighs on Dow
U.S. stocks suffered broad declines on Friday, with the Dow industrials posting their biggest slide in a week, amid disappointing news from companies such as The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 123.23 points, or 0.7%, at 16960.57, its biggest percentage decline since July 17. A 3.6% decline in Visa's stock-which has an outsize impact because of ... (more)
Investor's Business Daily
Stocks Stumble, Small Caps Lag; Amazon, Visa, Maxim Take Hits
The Dow Jones industrial average shed 0.7%. The Nasdaq dropped 0.5% and the S&P 500 whittled a 0.4% loss.
Toronto stock market to head lower; TSX up for week amid strong earnings data
The Toronto stock market headed for a lower open on Friday with traders looking ahead to a heavy slate of corporate earnings and economic data next week, including an interest rate decision by the U.S. Federal Reserve and the latest American employment statistics.
Thu Jul 24, 2014
Modest Strength On Wall Street Lifts S&P 500 To Record High - US Commentary
The slim gains on the day have lifted the S&P 500 to a new record intraday high above the 1,990 level.
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Options Lab: The Dow Chemical Company
The Dow Chemical Company has been locked in a long-term uptrend, adding nearly 54% on a year-over-year basis, and riding atop support at its 50-day moving average.
Investor's Business Daily
S&P 500 Posts New High; Biotechs, Airlines, Builders Up
The Nasdaq led the indexes with a 0.4% pop, while the S&P 500 added 0.2%, good enough for a new high.
Dan Loeb's Third Point LLC Asks The Dow Chemical Company (DOW) To Release Value
DOW ) , speaks about shareholder activism and also about Dan Loeb , and his hedge fund's, Third Point, stake in the company.
Press release distribution, EDGAR filing, XBRL, regulatory filings
De satellietoperator plaatste in samenwerki... )--The Dow Chemical Company : Second Quarter 2014 Highlights The Company reported earnings of $0.73 per share, or $0.74 per share on an adjusted basis .
Tue Jul 22, 2014
Wall Street Journal
U.S. Stocks Rise on Data, Earnings
The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 61.81 points, or 0.36%, to 17113.54. The S&P 500 index rose 9.9 points, or 0.50%, to 1983.53.
Michigan Tech University gets grant to improve Michigan teaching system
The Dow Foundation in Midland has recently awarded Michigan Tech University a $5,000,000 grant to train teachers to teach science differently in the classroom.
How To YieldBoost Dow Chemical To 5.6% Using Options
Co. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2016 covered call at the $60 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.15 bid, which annualizes to an additional 2.8% rate of return against the current stock price , for a total of 5.6% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is ... (more)
The Dow Chemical Company (DOW) to Release Quarterly Earnings on Wednesday
The Dow Chemical Company is set to issue its Q214 quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 23rd.
Mon Jul 21, 2014
Stocks Remain Mostly Negative In Mid-Day Trading - US Commentary
The choppy trading has kept the major averages close to their recent highs. The major averages have climbed well off their worst levels of the day but currently remain in negative territory.
Rolta Wins Multi-Million Dollar Follow-on Award for Engineering Systems for Sadara, Saudi Arabia
This multi-million dollar award of additional scope is an amendment to the contract which was awarded earlier and which was also multi-million dollars in value.
Sun Jul 20, 2014
Asian stocks edge higher, upbeat on US earnings
Asian stock markets inched higher on Monday as investors set aside geopolitical concerns to focus on the generally upbeat flow of U.S. corporate earnings ahead of a host of results due this week.
Fri Jul 18, 2014
Bargain Hunting Contributes To Early Strength On Wall Street - US Commentary
The major averages have all moved to the upside, although buying interest has waned since the open.
Thu Jul 17, 2014
IPO Preview: Pfenex
Based in San Diego, CA, Pfenex scheduled a $65 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $198 million at a price range midpoint of $13 for Friday, July18, 2014.
Customer Interaction Solutions
Stocks Come Under Pressure Amid Reports Of Airplane Crash - US Commentary
After showing a lack of direction in early trading on Thursday, stocks have recently come under pressure amid reports that a Malaysia Airlines passenger plane has crashed in eastern Ukraine.