19 min ago
The Sand Trap
Caddy Camp Article - NYT
At Sankaty Head Golf Club , a circa 1923 links course that features a working lighthouse and hugs the shoreline in Siasconset, some wait a dozen years to join a membership roster that includes Jack Welch , the former chairman and chief executive of General Electric, and Bob Wright, the former chairman of NBC Universal .
Thu Aug 21, 2014
The Motley Fool
3 Reasons General Electric Company's Stock Could Fall
GE's been around for over a century, but will it continue to thrive? Former GE headquarters building.
Hudson Valley Press
Africa Makes Its Way to Washington
Finally, President Obama extended an invitation to African nations to participate in a Summit.
General Electric's Capital Conundrum
Nearly all industrial-manufacturing finance supports grid infrastructures provisioning basic services for entire populations - power, water, telecommunications, agriculture, health-care, transportation, education.
General Electric is Overvalued Based on DDM Analysis
In this article, letA s consider General Electric Company , a $265 billion market cap, which has a trailing P/E ratio that indicates that the stock is relatively undervalued .
Will GE (GE) Stock Be Helped By Potential South Korean Fighter Jet Engine Deal?
The South Korean government will soon open bidding for an $8.3 billion fighter jet development project, called the KF-X program, which was approved last month after a decade-long delay, Yonhap said.
GE Software Solutions Makes It Easier to Manage Europea s Grid
Similarly, empowered consumers are driving the integration of solar, wind and electric vehicles-driving grid operators to seek new solutions to upgrade their situation's awareness.
Wed Aug 20, 2014
GE Ramps Up Industrial Base, Looks To Sell Appliance Unit
For more than 100 years, General Electric has been a staple consumer appliance brand in American homes.
GE's Continued Divestitures Provide Investor Upside
GE is at it again. It sold a 51 percent controlling stake in NBC Universal to Comcast in 2011, completed the sale of the other 49 percent in early 2013, and last year decided to spin-off part of GE Capital into Synchrony Financial .
Worcester Telegram & Gazette
Marlboro picked for GE Healthcare Life Sciences' US headquarters
GE Healthcare Life Sciences will create a new U.S. headquarters for 500 workers in Marlboro, a $21 million investment.
Customer Interaction Solutions
Cooking and Convenience Go Phone-in-Hand with GE's New Free-Standing...
Think you accidentally left the oven on? Switch it off while on the go. The new free-standing Profile Series gas and electric ranges are GE's second cooking appliances, following the wall oven, to allow consumers to preheat, set the time, and check cooking status using an app on their smartphone.
How Will GE (GE) Stock Respond to $3.5 Billion Aircraft Engine Investment?
GE plans to open a new engine assembly plant in Lafayette, IN, bringing it into full operation by 2016.
The Washington Post
Malaysia to Turn Tide of Women Leaving Workforce: Southeast Asia
Women in Malaysia who have stopped working to raise their families are being enticed to rejoin the labor market as the country tries to boost Southeast Asia's lowest female workforce participation rate.
Tue Aug 19, 2014
Asia News Network
TAIPEI: US takes cue from China in Africa
Spurred by China's economic success in Africa, the United States this month held its first-ever summit with the leaders of the continent.
Mon Aug 18, 2014
District Court Denies Preliminary Injunction Where Plaintiffs Could...
Plaintiff Hill-Rom Company, Inc. filed a motion for a preliminary injunction against General Electric Company .
Why General Electric (GE) Stock Is Still a 'Buy' at TheStreet
About 7.8 million shares of GE traded hands by 11:15 a.m., compared to an average trading volume of about 28.1 million shares a day.
Electrolux in talks to acquire GE Appliances to expand North American reach
People familiar with the matter said on Thursday, that General Electric Co is in talks with Sweden's Electrolux AB and other parties to sell its household appliances unit.
Sun Aug 17, 2014
The Motley Fool
General Electric Company Wants to Refuel Your Natural Gas Ford F-150 at Home
The first compressed natural gas, or CNG, capable half-ton pickup truck rolled off of an assembly line in Kansas City last November.
Sat Aug 16, 2014
The Motley Fool
Russia and China Are Planning Something Big -- and It Floats
China's growing military ambitions have pushed it to develop a built-for-purpose, nuclear-powered aircraft carrier .
General Electric: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
GE is a huge conglomerate with lots of moving parts and that is a risk in of itself which investors should be aware of before investing in the company.