4 hrs ago
Insurance Journal West
PMC Insurance Names Regional VPs for Restructured Sales Organization
PMC Insurance Group, a Needham, Mass.-based national workers compensation wholesale broker, has announced the restructuring of its sales organization into four regions to enhance their national footprint and carrier relationships.
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Flash Flood Watch Issued for Needham
The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Needham and surrounding towns, effective from 5:23 p.m. until 6:45 p.m. They predicted up to to two inches of rain in less than an hour this evening, which could cause flash flooding particularly in urban areas and locations with poor drainage.
Proposed Warrant Article Allows Beer and Wine at Wellesley Grocery Stores
Fells Market is formulating a citizens petition to answer a common request he said the market receives: wine to go with dinner.
5 Things You Need to Know: Cole Porter and Round Meetings, and More
It looks like rain, according to the National Weather Service . A 60 percent chance of rain during the day, 40 percent in the evening--there may even be a thunderstorm after 2 p.m. Otherwise, you can expect the day to be cloudy, and have a high of 76AoF and a low of 54AoF.
Volante Farms is Needham's Green Business of the Year
It may or may not be easy being green, but there's one business in town we can ask about it.
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Gorgeous Day for 'Park on Patch' Event in Wellesley
After so many rain-soaked days, everyone was out in downtown Wellesley Saturday-and Park on Patch was there to pick up the parking tab.
Needham Historical Commission Looking to Fill Seat
Needham's Historical Commission will soon be short one member--unless you are interested in getting on board.
Citizens Connect May Bring Needham DPW Closer
Roger MacDonald, Director of Information Technology explained that the program started in Boston a couple of years ago, when the city partnered with See Click Fix .
Sun Jun 16, 2013
What's Going on in Needham and Wellesley: DubCity Style and Student Plays, and More
Here are just a few of the announcements Needham and Wellesley readers shared this week on Patch: Newton-Wellesley Hospital's Annual Gala Raises $735,000 To Benefit New Elfers Cardiovascular Center - Over 680 guests gathered recently at the Westin Copley Place, Boston for Newton-Wellesley Hospital Charitable Foundation's 14th Annual Gala, "Let's ... (more)
Sat Jun 15, 2013
For Pete's Sake 5K Draws Dozens of Participants
Runners from Newton, Needham, Wellesley and beyond came together on Saturday, June 2 for the eighth annual For Pete's Sake 5K run/walk coordinated by Dunn Gaherin's .
Farmhouse Coming to Needham Farmers Market
Flavors from the Farmhouse are coming to the Farmers Market this weekend. In a Farmers Market announcement, they introduced the latest Chef in the House program 's participating chef: Gabriel Luz from the Farmhouse.
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Downpours cause flooding along Charles River; Sudbury River also expected to overtop banks
The relentless rain has already pushed the Charles River high enough to engulf the backyards of two homes on River Street in Natick this morning.
Around The Region: June 14, 2013
Robert Grant and William Balz of Weston have purchased the 16,000-square-foot office building at 27 Strathmore Rd. in Natick for $1.95 million.
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Rain expected to drench evening commute; some areas could get 3 inches
Despite the sun this morning, clouds marching eastward are bringing rain to the Boston area this afternoon, National Weather Service meteorologist Bill Simpson said.
Needham Police Log: Stolen Ride, Gas Crash, and More
Monday, June 3 The gas station at the 1400 block of Highland Avenue was the scene of a reported crash involving two vehicles, which were being fueled at the time.
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Commonwealth Financial Network Congratulates Debra Brede, Named in...
This marks the eighth consecutive time Brede has ranked in the annual list. According to Barron's , a leading financial publication, these financial advisors consistently deliver sharp insights and excellent service; the ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, and the quality ... (more)
Henry Bear's Park For Sale
Want to own three local toy stores? Henry Bear's Park , with locations in Arlington, Cambridge and Brookline, is for sale.
Needham Neighbors Support South Street Tree Removal Plan
Dead trees around South Street are coming down--in fact, neighbors believe it will make things safer there.
5 Things You Need to Know: Industrial Dawns and Tangos at Midnight, and More
The National Weather Service predicts a small chance of showers and decreasing clouds in the evening.
Tue Jun 11, 2013
In Needham, hospitality makes the Farmhouse stand out
Anew Needham restaurant, The Farmhouse, is a reminder of how much the front-of-the-house experience matters.