Friday Feb 7
Child dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in McDowell
NEBO A 12-year-old boy died Friday from apparent monoxide poisoning while two others were hospitalized, according to McDowell County authorities.
Rocky Mount Telegram
N.C. family opens its home for music, fellowship
Guitar player Mike Barnes opens his home to a group every Wednesday night in Nebo.
NC family opens its home for music, fellowship
In this Nov. 20, 2013 photo, lead singer Chad Robinson plays his guitar at a home in Nebo, N.C. Mike Barnes and his wife Robin open up their country home in Nebo to friends and neighbors every Wednesday night, and they welcome anybody who loves music and likes to have a good time.
U.S. Forest Service warns of possible "super fog" near Table Rock fire
Table Rock Wildfire Contributing to Potential Super Fog BURKE COUNTY, NC - U.S. Forest Service officials are predicting the potential for a super fog event tonight for the area south and east of the Table Rock fire, in Burke County.
The Charlotte Observer
Fire burns in western NC mountains
NEBO, N.C. Firefighters are working to contain a blaze burning in the Linville Gorge Wilderness area in the mountains of western North Carolina.