1 hr ago | Barron's
On a day when developing-world markets are down across the board, one group of stocks stands out for its solid gains: Emerging-market gold miners .
3 hrs ago | MSN Money
While some gold companies may boast attractive valuations at the moment, the atmosphere for mergers and acquisitions in the sector has cooled down considerably in the last year or so, says Jamie Sokalsky, president and chief executive officer of Barrick Gold .
3 hrs ago | Insider Monkey
Natural Resource Partners LP continues to make good progress diversifying away from leasing its owned coal reserves in central Appalachia and the Illinois Basin.
3 hrs ago | New York Daily News
An Ohio doctor with an unfortunate moniker - Dr. Unk - is facing drunk driving charges after she slammed into a bicyclist while driving with a blood alcohol level twice the legal limit, police said.
4 hrs ago | Seeking Alpha
Coeur Mining is a large primary silver producer with growing gold production. The company controls assets in the United States, Mexico, Bolivia, Argentina and Australia.
4 hrs ago | Sunday Mail
Vale and Rio Tinto have been accused of neglecting locals at its Mozambique project.
8 hrs ago | AmericanBankingNews.com
Shiloh Industries posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday. The company reported $0.43 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.34 by $0.09, StockRatingsNetwork reports.
It's always a golden occasion at The Heart and Stroke Foundation gala. Entitled the "Heart of Gold," this ninth annual fundraising event is always a reminder that heart disease is still a number one killer and that early detection and a healthy lifestyle are what we all need to practice.
We are likely to experience a minor correction or at least a few negative days from here.
A few days ago Laurence Leamer, author of the new book "The Price of Justice: A True Story of Greed and Corruption" , tweeted, "Why hasn't the West Virginia asked why Don Blankenship has not been indicted for his role in the Upper Big Branch disaster?" Leamer's question is rhetorical and in the haiku of Twitter might be read simply as an attempt to ... (more)
RIO Tinto's cost cutting measures have continued with its iron ore business getting a major restructure with president Greg Lilleyman taking on a new role.
Ford Motor Co. will stop making cars in Australia, nine decades after founder Henry Ford first began building Model Ts in the country, as a surge in the currency undermines the local industry's ability to compete with imports.
Uranium One Inc. . Miner. Down two cents, or 0.71 per cent, at $2.78 on 11.65 million shares.
Tata Group hosted the Honorable Premier of the People's Republic of China, His Excellency Li Keqiang at Tata Consultancy Services in Mumbai yesterday.
Kinross Gold Corp : Gold "could" be putting in a bottom here. Still a bit of risk involved, but check out the buy volume in KGC so far in May.
A coalition of grassroots environmental groups - plus a few professors and celebrities - issued a public message to the Environmental Defense Fund on Wednesday: You don't speak for us on fracking.
Corp looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2015 covered call at the $27 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.39 bid, which annualizes to an additional 6.8% rate of return against the current stock price , for a total of 8.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is ... (more)
Nick is a member of The Motley Fool Blog Network -- entries represent the personal opinion of the blogger and are not formally edited.