Financial Market News
Financial Markets news continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.
3 hrs ago | The New Zealand Herald
New Zealand shares rose, paced by Xero after the cloud-based accounting software firm said it is mulling a New York listing where shares in Facebook and Apple have rebounded.
7 hrs ago | The Fresno Bee
Investors reacted to quarterly results from companies across several industries, including Facebook, Ford and Caterpillar.
9 hrs ago | Myrtle Beach Online
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced the settlement Thursday with the Wall Street bank.
9 hrs ago | Iol.co.za
The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits fell to the lowest level in nearly 8-1/2 years last week, suggesting the labour market recovery was gaining traction.
12 hrs ago | Brandon Sun
The Toronto stock market was set for a sharply higher open Thursday amid encouraging Chinese and European manufacturing data and strong earnings reports.
16 hrs ago | Reuters
Bulgarian lawmakers voted overwhelmingly to accept Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski's resignation on Thursday, paving the way for an interim government to take over in August and a snap election in early October.
After two days of jury selection, lawyers are poised to give opening statements in the trial of a Detroit-area man who opened his front door and shot an unarmed woman, killing her.
Global equity markets edged higher on Wednesday as a backdrop of solid corporate earnings buoyed risk appetite, but worries over the Middle East and Ukraine kept demand strong for safe-haven assets such as bonds.
"This was a market that was dead in the water," Judge Janet Hall told Litvak. "This was a market that existed because of taxpayer money and you were in effect taking advantage of it through fraud."
A federal judge has sentenced a former Wall Street trader to two years in prison for securities fraud, saying he took advantage of a government bailout program.
U.S. stock indexes were mostly higher in early-afternoon trading Wednesday as investors weighed positive earnings from the technology industry against disappointing news from Boeing and other companies.
The S&P 500 cruised to a new all-time intraday high of 1,987.58 right out of the gate on Wednesday.
Asian stock markets posted moderate gains Wednesday, bolstered by solid U.S. earnings and home sales.
DETROIT - Companies that insure Detroit bonds and stand to lose millions repeated a pledge Tuesday to aggressively challenge the city's bankruptcy plan, a day after retirees endorsed pension cuts and qualified for a bailout led by the state.
Several states in the Deep South and Southwest have earned dismal scores on an annual child-welfare index that cited poverty and single-parent house households as worrisome trends that must be turned around for things to improve.
Employers in the U.S. are creating jobs at the fastest pace since the late 1990s and the economy finally looks ready to expand at a healthy rate.
Shareholders of Yum! Brands, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2016 covered call at the $87.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.83 bid, which annualizes to an additional 2.5% rate of return against the current stock price , for a total of 4.5% annualized rate in the ... (more)
Updated: Thu Jul 24, 2014 05:28 pm
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC